[OSM-dev] Rendering of "surface"

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jun 2 21:55:19 BST 2011

Hi,

    there's a guy on help.openstreetmap.org named "Ursus" who seems to
be in real pain to have some kind of rendering of the "surface" key on
the Mapnik map, or at least an answer to his question whether this will
ever be done.

I've closed two of his questions as I believe that help.osm is not the
place to follow up on seemingly abandoned Trac tickets.

Could someone of the Mapnik rendering team perhaps tend to

  http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/1447

- and either say "yes we'd welcome a patch" or say "no thanks, we
thought about it and we believe that rendering surface would add too
much clutter". (If I were in charge I'd say the latter but I don't want
to pre-empt anyone.)

Btw. there's a surface view on ITO:
http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/ito_map/main?view=25

Bye