[OSM-dev] Osmosis and full history planet

Martijn van Exel martijn at geodan.nl
Fri Mar 4 09:20:41 GMT 2011

Hi Matthias,

Don't we all :)

I tried to create an extract of the full history file using osmosis,
which seemed to work in the sense that osmosis did not generate any
errors. The existence of a dedicated script leads me to believe that
osmosis is not the tool to make these extracts.

It is a very specific topic but one that will gain more importance as
OSM keeps growing and evolving. What we are doing with the OSM historu
in our team is developing a method to determine local OSM quality based
on historical evolution of the data and the characteristics of the
individual contributors.

Martijn

On 3/4/2011 9:52 AM, Matthias Meißer wrote:
> Hi Martjin,
>
> you might notice the refactoring of
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Planet.osm/full
>
> I guess this is a very specific topic. I know only a few users working on:
> -Frederik Ramm with the history generator
> -ITO with the history animations
> -Pitscheplatsch with the user contribution thing
>
> I'm also very interested in this topic but have currently a lack of time
> and resources.

Martijn van Exel
Senior Researcher
-------------------------------------