[OSM-dev] Osmosis duplicate nodes / osm2pgsql primary keys

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Mar 15 08:51:07 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to import multiple .osm files (one for UK rights of way, one for UK permissive paths, one for UK tracks) into the postgis database.

If I don't use slim mode I get out of memory errors when importing the tracks file (the others are small enough so go in OK) - have to admit I'm surprised I get out of memory errors as it's only a 176MB file.

If I use slim mode, it falls over because of duplicate primary keys in the caching table.

There doesn't seem to be a facility in osmosis for removing duplicates.

Is there a way round this or would I have to write my own filter?

Thanks,
Nick