[OSM-dev] Osmosis: merging several daily diffs

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:21:49 GMT 2011

Hello,
I'd like to maintain a planet.osm.gz up-to-date, in merging daily diffs
once in a while.
I think it is possible to merge several daily-diffs, then apply them to
the planet file, but I tried with no success.

I --merge-changed(d) them one after the other in a loop, then applied
the resulting file to the planet with no success. --sort-change or not,
--simplify-change or not. Same result if I --append-change(d) the daily
diffs.
Always the same issue:
osmosis \
--read-xml planet.osm.gz \
--read-xml-change sorted.osc.gz \
--apply-change \
--write-xml planet_changed.osm.gz
  Task 3-apply-change does not support data provided by default pipe
stored at level 2

I am wrong ?

Yves