[OSM-dev] Develop a Simple Mapping Tool for Mobile Phones

Yarik Iaroslav.Sheptykin at hs-bremen.de
Wed Mar 23 15:30:16 GMT 2011

Hi Nic!

        Great to hear! I has been thinking of building a tool like that
        for quite a long time already with slightly different
        functionality than you describe but still very similar. I wrote
        already that I worked on location based mobile games. In many
        games players are encouraged to take pictures of different
        objects. The challenge I always faced in data analyzes was to
        extract any useful information out of those pics about features
        (landmarks in particular). You offer an interesting approach. Do
        you know anything about the last year SoC project? Would it make
        sense to extend its achievements?
        Since you say such apps are useful for community, I will develop
        the idea further. I will also try to apply to SoC this year. But
        even in case I fail I would be interested in the development.
        Are you going to apply for SoC too / mentoring?

Greets,
Yarik