[OSM-dev] Multiple instances of Renderd?

Jason Lee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:21:23 BST 2011

Thanks for your feedback Stephan.

Regarding multiple instances, I am just thinking in terms of performance and
stability. If I had 2 instances of renderd and one error's for whatever
reason, then at least it is not affecting the other service.

Also, if both renderd daemons were serving the same maps (on the same
machine) and the same tile_dir, is it more efficient than if there was just
1 instance running (or no difference)?

Cheers,
Jason