[OSM-dev] OSM-in-a-box, doubts

elwood pecker.elwood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:15:47 BST 2011

hello, (excuse my english, i used google translation)

I think I have the same problem.

I started by integrating the Switzerland as indicated on OSMinAbox, it took
about 45 minutes to integrate the file in postgres.

I tried twice to join the planet file, each time the process seems to hang
on eliminating unnecessary relationships
At this stage postgres uses 100% cpu every time.
The first time we waited about 2 weeks ...
We are on a 32GB dual-core IBM, I do not think the hardware is concerned.
Is there a solution?

Cordially
Elwood