[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql, standard exception processing way_id 110802 and 110803

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 14:43:03 BST 2011

On 2 May 2011 13:43, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently trying to import the planet with osm2pgsql in slim mode.
> I got these 2 warnings that I don't understand:
>
> Standard exception processing way_id 110802: TopologyException: side
> location conflict at -1.24357e+07 3.92347e+06
> Standard exception processing way_id 110803: TopologyException: side
> location conflict at -1.24357e+07 3.92347e+06
>
> When I saw that I tried to download these 2 ways to fix the problem in
> the data, but there is no way with the id 110802 or 110803 in the osm
> database.

> What is the reason for this problem? Maybe these ways have been
> deleted manually because of copyright issues and there is still
> relations refering to them? Or maybe there is a bug in osm2pgsql
> displaying wrong ids?

It is most likely that the IDs reference relations. Generally this
happens when it tries to process the ways as part of a multipolygon
and then later finds that they a unclosed or have some other issue. It
falls back to processing them as ways but it has lost the original way
IDs so uses the relation ID instead.

    Jon