[OSM-dev] rails_port problem

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed May 4 15:30:59 BST 2011

On 04/05/11 15:27, Kirill Bestoujev wrote:

> If the error is harmless then why this error causes the api to fail on
> my machine? This is the only error I get in rails log.

It's not the only error though - you also reported this:

"Document is not accessible to Ruby (hint - did you call Reader#expand?)"

Which I've now been told on IRC is the result of a bug in the libxml
bindings (at least in the v2.x ones) when used with ruby 1.9.

So downgrading libxml-ruby will probably fix it. Using ruby 1.9 is
probably not recommended though as we don't test with that at all and I
believe it is quite different to 1.8 in some ways.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/