[OSM-dev] Paging the tile server admins

menion register at asamm.cz
Fri May 6 13:52:02 BST 2011

Good day to all,
  looks that Locus cause more troubles than I can expect.

Why anyone do not contact me directly rather then discuss here??!! I
discovered post on my blog Igor. During today I created these updates in
Locus:

1) all official maps in app, show on bottom map screen attribution!
2) I set download limit on all maps. In app is short description that lead
users to limit downloading as much as possible, but looks that some of them
ignore this, so I applied on all maps download limit
3) I checked header and you were probably right. It was part of old code
from my previous Locify application.
  So I changet User-agent to
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android; en-us)
  and added Referer to header
    http://locus.asamm.cz/;version:X

But as wrote NoMap before. There is problem with older Locus version and not
even them. Maybe just because Locus is becoming so popular, maybe because
you limited Mobac application, but Locus is not only one who did similar
things. I can quickly look on other softwares

OruxMaps - batch downloading limited by 2GB!, almost same list of online
maps that violate terms of use, no attribution!
RMaps - almost same list of online maps that violate terms of use, no
attribution!
Maps -/+ - maps that violate terms of use, no attribution!
Maveric - almost same list of online maps that violate terms of use, no
attribution!

and many many more ...

Just an example, that this should be mainly solved on server I think.
Contact me if you have any problems. I really appreciate work on OSM maps
and I'm ready to collaborate and help as much as possible, so I absolutely
disagree with "it's obvious that the author does not care in the least about
legality, licences or policies."

regards