[OSM-dev] Paging the tile server admins

Dodi dodi at moonbase.sk
Fri May 6 11:02:42 BST 2011

NoMap wrote:

> Frederik Ramm wrote:
> >
> > I don't want to condone what this "Locus" guy does, and certainly
> > inciting users to violate our usage policy (and using faked headers
> > etc.) is a bad thing. But I cannot see a CC-BY-SA violation.
> >

> Have you seen the actual application?
>
> It contains the following OSM maps hardcoded:
> - Mapnik
> - Osmarender
> - Cycle
> - Transport
> - Piste
> - UMP
> - Hike&Bike
> - Reit- und Wanderkarte
> - OpenTrackMap
> - MTB
> - OS Street View
>
> All without any attribution or licence hint.
> Complete with unlimited mass downloading.

Yesterday I dropped email with few lines to author of LOCUS describing the
thing discussed there about attribution, download limiting and also about
user-agent

He promised that in the next version is going to add attribution, some
restrictions to download and correct the user-agent

There is just a small problem with user who don't want to update their LOCUS
1.5.1 version because of dropped support for copyrighted maps (google and
so...)

Dodi