[OSM-dev] osm2shp converter & ferries

uffeK uffe at routeware.dk
Mon May 9 10:33:12 BST 2011

We have compiled the osm2shp converter by Frederik Ramm and have tried to
extend it with additional fields, in order to include ferries.

We call it this way, with the last 2 lines having been added:

    shapefile_new(2, SHPT_ARC, "roads", 9,
        "osm_id", FTInteger, 11,
        "name", FTString, 48,
        "ref", FTString, 16,
        "type", FTString, 16,
        "oneway", FTInteger, 1,
        "bridge", FTInteger, 1,
        "maxspeed", FTInteger, 3,
        "route", FTString, 10,
        "route_duration", FTString, 10);

Field "route" is always empty and "route_duration" gets the value "osm2shp"
for all records.

Despite these changes, ferries are still not included in the SHP.

We can also see "route_duration" is sometimes tagged as "duration" for some
ferries.
These 2 are different for instance:

What is the correct way to do it?

Help is much appreciated.