[OSM-dev] release of full-history extracts

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue May 17 07:30:04 BST 2011

Hi Peter,

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm very proud to announce the release of the first history extracts. They
> have been created from the latest full-experimental-dump [1] using my
> history splitter [2], based on a slightly modified version of Jochen Topfs
> really great osmium framework [3]. They contain multiple versions of an
> object. If you just want the map-data as it is currently, use the
> Geofabrik-Extracts [4].
>
> The extracts can be downloaded from gwdg:
>
> <ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/osm-full-history-extracts/110418/hardcut-bbox-xml/>

Thanks for this! I haven't had time to look into them but I am eager
to start working with them. These will be helpful for the Essen hack
weekend as well!

I haven't really looked into it, but would it be straightforward to
make an Amsterdam extract using your script? When doing analyses it
helps to work with an area you know - at least being able to compare
to an area you know.

Thanks again
Martijn

--