[OSM-dev] release of full-history extracts

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Tue May 17 08:23:21 BST 2011

Am 17.05.2011 08:30, schrieb Martijn van Exel:
> Thanks for this! I haven't had time to look into them but I am eager
> to start working with them. These will be helpful for the Essen hack
> weekend as well!
This is the plan ;)

> I haven't really looked into it, but would it be straightforward to
> make an Amsterdam extract using your script? When doing analyses it
> helps to work with an area you know - at least being able to compare
> to an area you know.

Best would be if you try to compile and run the splitter on your own
hardware, but if it won't work you can send me the bbox and I'll run the
splitter for you.

I'm currently working on implementing a pbf writer into osmium. Next
step would be to extend the pbf format to store the visible attribute.
As the pbfs can be written much, much faster as .xml.bz2 I'm planning to
split into even more areas.

I'm also working on splitting by polygon-files, so my splits would have
similar outlines as the geofabrik extracts.

As you see, there's a lot of music in it.

Peter