[OSM-dev] GSoC Project Update (Fast Track Deployment of Customised OSM Tile Server)

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Thu May 26 07:21:49 BST 2011

Hello Parveen,

On 26.05.2011 05:03, Parveen Arora wrote:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fast_Track_Deployment_of_Customised_OSM_Tile_Server
> Give your suggestions, comments and feedback or anything that you want
> to add or delete from it or anything that you want to suggest from
> your side will be welcomed.

You could consider including a way to just run the server on an extract
not only on a full planet.

Your site names a few potential "users" of your project. I have the
feeling that for most of them the hardware requirements would be too high.
By serving only part of the world, for example just a single country the
needed resources are a lot less than the figures mentioned in the wiki.

Stephan