[OSM-dev] GSoC Project Update (Fast Track Deployment of Customised OSM Tile Server)

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:12:53 BST 2011

Kai,
I did not know that apt.openstreetmap.org existed.  I think that would be
the best place for the output of this project (but the scripts to generate
the archives will need a separate home).  What does Parveen need to do to
write to it?

Graham

from my phone

On 27 May 2011 05:27, "Kai Krueger" <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:

Parveen Arora-2 wrote:

> Give your suggestions, comments and feedback or anything that you want
It would perhaps be nice to create and setup a package repository with all
the relevant and necessary packages (i.e. osm2pgsql, mod_tile, renderd,
tirex, munin-scripts and any further packages for easy configuration).

One could either create a repository at apt.openstreetmap.org or as a ubuntu
PPA.

Then one would only need to add the URL to your list of repositories and
type "apt get install OSM_tile_server" and can easily keep up to date
(software wise).

Kai