[OSM-dev] GSoC Project Update (Fast Track Deployment of Customised OSM Tile Server)

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:43:46 BST 2011

On 05/26/2011 11:12 PM, Graham Jones wrote:

> Kai,
> I did not know that apt.openstreetmap.org
> <http://apt.openstreetmap.org> existed.

I don't think it currently does exist. However, that doesn't mean it
couldn't be created.

> I think that would be the best place for the output of this project
> (but the scripts to generate the archives will need a separate home).
> What does Parveen need to do to write to it?

Ask the sysadmins to create it to begin with. ;-) So perhaps creating a
Ubuntu PPA first or actually any other old (private) repository,
demonstrate that it is working, and then copying it over to a yet to be
created apt.openstreetmap.org, would be the best way forward. If I
understand correctly an apt repository is "simply" a webpage with a
certain structure. So setting it up on apt.openstreetmap.org would be
trivial from a technical point of view, assuming that it can be assured
that the content works correctly and will be kept up to date.

Kai