[OSM-dev] How do clients use XAPI's XML attributes version, timestamp, uid, user and changeset?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:41:03 BST 2011

Hi,

To all users/consumers of XAPI services: I'm thinking about some nice
OSM services like a local JXAPI server (but also about other
geospatial standards).
To your knowledge, how much used are the XML attributes: version,
timestamp, uid, user and changeset in the XAPI format (except for
statistical and quality testing use cases)?
I.e. does delivering such a thinned out XAPI format still make sense
when these attributes are ommited?

Yours,
Stefan