[OSM-dev] Tiled osm2pgsql import?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Oct 9 16:42:56 BST 2011

Hi,

On 10/09/2011 04:47 PM, Kai Krueger wrote:
> Theoretically, you should be able to import the whole
> planet on e.g. a 512Mb Ram machine in slim mode. It would just take a very
> long time! (Unless you have a super fast disk). So it should fix the memory
> problem "for ever".

I have a hunch that slim mode does not work like that exactly; I have
seen a slim mode import using more than 12 GB of RAM but that was with a
test file that had about 100 times the number of relations that we have.
I haven't investigated that thoroughly but I think there may be
something that needs - or leaks - a little memory in conjunction with
relations.

Bye
Frederik