[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Improvements to Vespucci

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Sun Aug 19 11:49:30 BST 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM, andrewg_oz <andrew.gregory at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sunday, August 19, 2012 10:35:50 AM UTC+8, andrewg_oz wrote:
>>
>> Everything is looking pretty good now. I'm going to take Vespucci out for
>> a survey later today to see how things go.
>>

> Now that I'm back from my survey, here are the things I noticed. First the
> good stuff:
>
> 1. GPS works fine. Turned it off and on again no problem.
> 2. Undo works too! I even used it once! :-) *Very* handy.
> 3. The new presets are working nicely.
>
> Unfortunately, it's not all good:
>
> 1. After a while the action bar items started disappearing. First the undo
> and GPS buttons disappeared. The main action drop-down (Move, EasyEdit,
> New, etc) was still visible and worked properly. Pressing Menu just
> revealed Preferences and Help. Transfer was not visible anywhere. Going
> into the Preferences and backing out without changing anything resulted in
> the main action drop-down going blank (the little triangle was still
> visible), and pressing it would do nothing. The action bar was blank except
> for the little triangle related to the main action drop-down. At this point
> I couldn't transfer to save my data. I had to exit Vespucci and restart it.
> 2. In the tag editor, the tag key/value auto complete doesn't seem to be
> working properly. The key auto-complete seems to be working, but the value
> auto-complete seems to be missing entirely.
>
> On the whole, it's all working very well.

Value auto-complete worked fine here.
What keys did you try?
What Android Version are you using?
4.x with native Action bar, 3.x with the first Action Bar or an earlier one
with the Compat-Library/ActionBarSherlock ?