[OSM-dev] iD development updates

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Thu Dec 6 23:34:42 GMT 2012

Haha, yeah, Saman and I changed that from an earlier version. You know we're very much following the Potlatch, in-browser, beginning-user, casual-update kind of use cases and referring much to that if we're saying 'better'. Which doesn't mean we don't need to be very accurate in our communications.

On a more serious note, if we do iD right, we move the entire editor space forward. E. g. just looking into using taginfo for inline-documentation… not sure what else there could be outside of stimulation through competition ;-)

I don't want to get ahead of the iD work as I know there's just a lot more ground work to be done right now but what are the improvements small and big that are going to help JOSM _and_ iD that we're seeing?