[OSM-dev] Announcing openstreetmap-carto v1.0 (and v2.0!)

Dane Springmeyer dane at dbsgeo.com
Mon Dec 10 19:57:09 GMT 2012

On Dec 6, 2012, at 7:54 AM, Tom Hughes wrote:

> There is already a plan to do a major update on the tile server with an update of the OS, a reload of the database and a mapnik update and my suggestion was that we should aim to switch to the Carto generated style at the same time. We just need to work out the detailed plan and schedule the work.

Let me know how I can help here. On the Mapnik side, we've got a 2.1.x branch (which is a stable series) coming together nicely (current Mapnik master is targeting 2.2). A 2.1.1 release is planned within the next month  - the only real work remaining is carefully choosing which additional bugfixes to back-port from Mapnik master.

Dane