[OSM-dev] Timestamp in PBF files

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Tue Dec 11 15:29:34 GMT 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 03:53:39PM +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> stdout. If you plan to read/write replication information in your
> own programs I suggest that you wait until support is available in
> Jochen's Osmium version as the interface is likely to change
> slightly.

Actually, no, you should not wait for my Osmium version. Just go ahead
and do whatever you have to do.

I think the implementation and interface of all this hasn't been thought
through properly and until I or somebody else does, I am not planning to add
this to Osmium. For starters this makes XML and PBF files incompatible which is
not good. Next it has to be figured out what changes to the input data lead to
changes in the output of these flags. Obviously when you apply a diff those
headers should change, shouldn't they? Those things all have to be figured out
and implemented properly.

Jochen