[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql Windows build

Dane Springmeyer dane at dbsgeo.com
Thu Dec 13 02:39:56 GMT 2012

Dominik,

Great work - thanks for sharing. Jhuntley (on #osm irc and https://github.com/onepremise) has also been working on getting a build going recently.

You two might want to share notes. He's tried both the cygwin and mingw routes.

I made a failed attempt at msvc 2010 a while back. Never thought about the intel compiler for C99 on windows. Clever.

Capturing your notes + adding a link to your project files would be great.

Also, we should coordinate getting relevant patches in for easy stuff. +1 to more C++ to work around C99 issues.

In the end I think the most critical thing is documentation of a process that works, no matter how messy.

Dane