[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql Windows build

Dominik Perpeet dominik.perpeet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 07:45:21 GMT 2012

Thanks for your feedback. I'll see to getting the documentation up soon. Do
you know whether Jhuntley got a 64 bit build running? A 32 bit build wasn't
feasible for me, since the machines I run osm2pgsql on have plenty of RAM.

Once I post my project files, someone else can check if they want to merge
the stuff with trunk (I put all my changes inside #ifdef WIN32 wrappers).

Instead of doing that, I'd rather migrate the code to C++ with inheritance
of an abstract base class instead of function pointer structs. With those
removed, omp instead of fork, and some other minor changes, the code should
compile cleanly with msvc as well.

Dominik