[OSM-dev] Best and FASTEST Spatial DB for only calculating points near to X?

Ander Pijoan ander.pijoan at deusto.es
Fri Dec 14 18:39:04 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I am starting to develope an application that needs of a spatial database.

I'm almost sure that I will use PostGIS because it works great but taking
into account that I will ONLY make querys to get a number of points near to
another point and that what I most need is the answer to be fast, could
there be another database system that might be more suitable for it?

I've seen that MongoDB has a spatial 2D index and I don't know if for the
operations I'm going to do it could be faster than PostGIS.

I know that being a Friday afternoon it's a difficult question but can
someone give me some advice about this?

Thank you very much.

--
Ander Pijoan Lamas