[OSM-dev] How to make osm2pgsql quiet?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 19 13:27:34 GMT 2012

On 19/12/12 13:19, Svavar Kjarrval wrote:

> Internet search resulted in a github fork[1] where somebody implemented
> a quiet support but hasn't been accepted into the main distribution. I
> tried the -q, --quiet and --silent parameters. I also tried to stick '>
> /dev/null' and '> /dev/null 2>&1' at the end of the osm2pgsql command
> within the shellscript with no effect.

Well the problem is that they sent a pull request to an unmonitored git
mirror rather than offering their change upstream to the svn repository
that is the actual master.

Of course the real problem is the lack of an osm2pgsql maintainer, but
there's not much we can do about that unless somebody wants to volunteer
to take the job on.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)