[OSM-dev] traces, export, download and update

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 5 19:40:24 GMT 2012

On 05/01/12 17:59, Peter Gervai wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 17:06, Tom Hughes<tom at compton.nu>  wrote:
>
>> Yes, that's exactly what the code that has been written does.
>
> Apart from that is there any plans to implement differential retrieval
> (I'm sure I'm not alone with this) and listing only the trace id's of
> a bounding box?

The plan is just to provide a dump - if other people want to build
clever tools on top of that data then that's fine.

IIRC the dump contains an index that lists all the public traces, along
with the original data file for them (not an extract from the database)
plus a single file containing all the non-public points (extracted from
the database).

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)