[OSM-dev] kothic-js demo with LandForm Panorama contours on Freemap

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Jan 6 08:28:53 GMT 2012

Hi,

The whole thing is under

http://www.free-map.org.uk/svn/freemap/

including the functionsnew.php script.

Nick

-----Philipp Borgers <borgers at mi.fu-berlin.de> wrote: -----
To: dev at openstreetmap.org
From: Philipp Borgers <borgers at mi.fu-berlin.de>
Date: 02/01/2012 10:16PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] kothic-js demo with LandForm Panorama contours on Freemap

Could you open source the hole code? I'm missing the functionsnew.php
file in features.php.

I'm trying to port your code to nodejs. Client side code is
"finished"/works. Now I want to implement the server side code.

Going to put this on github as soon as it is more or less complete.

Have you contacted the kothic-js developer about your patch? Would be
cool if we get this upstream.

Regards
Philipp

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 11:33 +0000, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over Christmas I've been knocking together a demo which uses kothic-js
> client side rendering for Freemap, incorporating LandForm PANORAMA
> contours.
> You can see it at http://www.free-map.org.uk/0.6/; full details on the
> blog post at http://www.free-map.org.uk/wordpress/?p=221. It's best
> viewed in Chrome (see the blog post), though it's been tested on
> Firefox 8 and Opera 11.6 as well.
>
> To summarise: I'm pretty impressed with the lightweight clean
> simplicity of the components (e.g. Leaflet, geojson, mapcss, most of
> which I hadn't played with until now) and am generally pleased with
> the performance of kothic-js itself. One or two issues (not sure if
> the developers of kothic can answer these): I'm having difficulty with
> line features at tile boundaries. If any line features have
> coordinates of x=0 or y=0, or x=granularity or y=granularity, the
> whole tile rendering messes up, consequently I have to convert such
> coordinates to 1 or granularity-1 respectively. I use postgis
> ST_Intersection() with the bounding box to crop the geometries.
> Polygon features don't seem to have this problem... any idea?
>
> Overall though I'm impressed and consequently kothic-js is likely to
> form the basis of the next revision of Freemap.
>
> Nick

[attachment "signature.asc" removed by Nick Whitelegg/FT/Solent]