[OSM-dev] Friend's diaries & Nearby users changesets and diaries

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:17:55 GMT 2012

Perhaps we could make the definition of "in your area" more flexible
than just by geographical area, maybe by keywords that users can
register to their accounts? For example, I've taken up mapping of
utility infrastructure (mostly powerlines) in a wider geographical
area than I'm mapping other things, so I'd ideally like to register
two "areas" to see mappers' activity in:
  anything within 15km
  infrastructure with 50km
Others might, for example, want to register multiple geographical
areas (e.g. around home, and around their favourite holiday area), and
a few specialized mappers might want to see all activity of mappers
who have registered a particular interest keyword regardless of
location.

__John