[OSM-dev] helping #switch2osm

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Wed Jan 18 19:45:36 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:
> We should try and get more of the rendering tool stack into the standard
> repositories of Ubuntu and Feodora. That would probably make it easier
> to install a tile server. There are already a bunch of osm programs in
> the ubuntu repositories (e.g. josm and osm2pgsql, although the later is
> rather old), but programs like mod_tile, renderd and tirex are still
> missing.
>
> I wanted to see if I can do that, but then didn't get around to it. So
> if anyone else wants to try this it would be great. However, to get it
> into the next long term release 12.04, one would probably need to do
> this very soon.
Hi Kai,

I am interested to o this task to include it in the Ubuntu repositary,
moreover we can also provide a add on feature of customised map tiles
according to the choice of the users rather than the default tiles.

Please let me know what should I need to do and what should I need to know?

Thank You.

--
Parveen Arora
www.parveenarora.in