[OSM-dev] Getting information from relations.

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 19:16:04 GMT 2012

ah..now..I am pretty sure that osm2pgsql only processes a limited set of
relation types.  From the
readme<https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql>file:

6) The relations are parsed. Osm2pgsql has special handling for a

 limited number of types: multipolygon, route, boundary

 The code will build the appropriate geometries by referencing the

 members and outputing these into the database.

On my database I can do :

select name,route from planet_osm_line where osm_id<0;

and get a log list of relations with things like this in my default.style
file.

node,way   religion     text         nocache

node,way   route        text         linear

node,way   service      text         linear

I do not think I told it to do anything special to include route relations.

Are you trying to use a different sort of relation?

Graham.

On 22 January 2012 19:03, Morten Olsen Lysgaard <morten at lysgaard.no> wrote:

> On 01/22/2012 06:22 PM, Graham Jones wrote:
> > I think that osm2pgsql stores relations in the relevant line or polygon
> > table with an id of -1 * the relation ID - try searching for relations
> > with negative IDs and see if that is what you are looking for.
>
> I can't even get osm2gpsql to import the relations in my database. What's
> required of one and what required of the style file for one to be included?

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.