[OSM-dev] New release of snapshot server

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jan 23 23:59:59 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 01/24/2012 12:11 AM, Philipp Borgers wrote:
> Could you explain your spatial requests? I had a quick look at [1]
> Seems like you only do spatial query on the nodes.

I assume this is modeled after the "map" call in API 0.6 which does the
same. Ways that have no nodes in the box (or, for example, closed ways
that go fully around the box) are not considered. In the OSM database we
do that because it is considered too computationally expensive to
keep/query an indexed geometry for every way and relation.

Bye
Frederik