[OSM-dev] Getting information from relations.

Morten Olsen Lysgaard morten.lysgaard at ntnu.no
Mon Jan 23 14:16:29 GMT 2012

On 01/22/2012 06:16 PM, Morten Olsen Lysgaard wrote:

After some thinking I've landed on this.
My project is going to need a tileserver in the future anyway, maybe
it's time to start using that.
Then new architecture would be:

* Rails-Port to handle users and API
* An OpenLayers component integrated in Rails-port that displays a tiled map
* JOSM to edit the map
* A tile-server that generates raster-maps based on the rails-port database
* Some sort of application that answers to wfsGetFeatureInfo requests
and returns all the tags and relations tags about objects.

This last point is the missing bit, how can I achieve this? Do I have to
code something from scratch or has anything like this been done before.
Anything pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!