[OSM-dev] osm2psql .style file parameters/values

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 10 07:48:38 BST 2012

Hi,

On 07/10/12 03:54, mick wrote:
> What other values can be used in each column? I would like to use a
> logical data type for items like bridge, tunnel, oneway, ... and
> small int for maxspeed, lanes, layers, ...

If you want a ready-made software that gives you more control over the
database structure than osm2pgsql offers, I suggest you have a look at
imposm (Python). If you want a solid programmer's framework for your own
OSM parsing and processing, I suggest you use osmium (C++).

> Another useful feature would be to scan the .osm file for all tags
> used and the other tags they are used with.

taginfo.openstreetmap.org does that on a world-wide basis but the
software is available for installing locally so you could run taginfo
for your area of interest only.

> I am in the very early stages of a C program (using GTK for the gui)
> with the eventual goal of allowing output as database input or
> conversion to GIS formats. I'm stuck with some of the interface code
> ATM.

You'll probably get stuck with other things later - it is not as easy as
one might think; you'll want pbf support, proper multipolygon handling,
and other things that cost time to implement. The aforementioned
software takes some of that burden away.

Bye
Frederik