[OSM-dev] Licence redaction ready to begin

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jul 11 13:44:09 BST 2012

Hi,

On 07/11/12 14:35, Anthony wrote:
>> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-license-change

> Is there a summary (non-code) suitable for my lawyer to read?

Not that I am aware of. We started something on the Wiki but that has
remained in a state of early brainstorming and does not reflect the
current algorithm details:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/What_is_clean%3F

I think that from a legal perspective, the algorithm is less relevant
than the outcome. If, after the change is through, someone can pinpoint
a case where protected intellectual property of a non-agreer is
demonstrably still in the database, then it needs to be fixed, no matter
how good the algorithm was sounding.

Bye
Frederik