[OSM-dev] Attribution string

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Jul 12 11:55:52 BST 2012

On 7/12/2012 3:10 AM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 08:45:38AM +0200, Igor Brejc wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:45:38 +0200
>> From: Igor Brejc <igor.brejc at gmail.com>
>> To: Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com>
>> Cc: "dev at openstreetmap.org" <dev at openstreetmap.org>
>> Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Attribution string (was: Licence redaction ready to
>> 	begin)
>>
>> Why not use TileJSON?  http://mapbox.com/developers/tilejson/
> +1
>
> I hadn't known about this before but just looked at it and it seems to be
> a well thought-out and documented "standard".

Agreed, but I'm still looking for a plain text attribution in addition
to a URL to refer to.  Their description of attribution is apparently
plain text, but their example attribution contains HTML. Seems it should
have an attribution text and attribution link so as to remove the
ambiguity as to use.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ