[OSM-dev] Attribution string (was: Licence redaction ready to begin)

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:57:51 BST 2012

On 07/12/2012 01:10 AM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 08:45:38AM +0200, Igor Brejc wrote:
>> Why not use TileJSON?  http://mapbox.com/developers/tilejson/
> +1
>
> I hadn't known about this before but just looked at it and it seems to be
> a well thought-out and documented "standard".

OK, I have had a first attempt at implementing the tilejson spec in
mod_tile and have committed it to svn.

The URL I chose for now is http://[hostname]/[styleURL]/tile-layer.json
<http://localhost/osm/tile-layer.json>

It provides the "name", "schema", "description", "attribution",
"min/maxzoom" and "tiles" attributes.

The values for description, attribution and tiles is taken from new
parameters in the renderd.conf file.

Please let me know if there are things wrong with the implementation or
if it can be improved, or even needs reverting.

Kai

P.S. Is there also a spec to discover all of the layers (and their
TileJSON endpoint) on a server?