[OSM-dev] (Multi)Polygon handling

nimix melchiormoos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:17:15 BST 2012

Jochen123 wrote

> Just the geometries is not enough. We also need the tags in some form,
> because
> part of the multipolygon assembly is deciding which tags from the relation
> and which tags from the member ways make it to the output.

I thought about focusing on geometry first since this is the more
complicated part. But sure for tags it gets very complicated if we consider
diff files too.

Jochen123 wrote

> Input as .osm is good. But the output should not be on a wiki page but in
> some
> format so that it can be used for automated checks. I think the whole
> thing
> should probably be in a git repository.
>
> Maybe a subdirectory for each test case which contains the .osm input
> file,
> a .wkt output file, a .tags output file and a .result output file or so
> that
> has information whether the test should succeed or fail. Maybe other
> files,
> too with more detailed information if that turns out to be needed. Plus a
> README in every directory describing the test case to the developer.

I like that idea. With the directory structure we can add .osc file to the
directories as well so that we can check proper diff file handling after the
initial import... I will try to get something like that ready as a demo