[OSM-dev] (Multi)Polygon handling

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 13 11:24:07 BST 2012

Hi,

On 07/13/2012 12:17 PM, nimix wrote:
> I thought about focusing on geometry first since this is the more
> complicated part. But sure for tags it gets very complicated if we consider
> diff files too.

Tags are complicated enough without diffs.

Scenario 1: Untagged multipolygon relation, outer ring composed of three
members, two tagged natural=wood one waterway=river. What do you do?

Scenario 2: Multipolygon relation tagged natural=wood, inner ring tagged
natural=wood. What do you do?

Scenario 3: Multipolygon relation tagged natural=wood, inner ring tagged
natural=scrub. Completely different from #2!

Bye
Frederik