[OSM-dev] Building a friendly new editor in JavaScript

Viesturs Zarins viesturz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:51:14 BST 2012

My idea is to hide the relations altogether and automatically deduce areas
from geometry.
The user would just click on enclosed area and assign tags to it, never
caring about the technical details.

In landuse mode all the lines should form areas and all crossings are
errors in data.
If there are no crossings, areas can be figured out pretty easily.
Depending on geometry they will be saved as simple ways or multipolygons..
I think I'll make some mock-ups to start a more technical discussion.

The main question now is can this concept be integrated in the editor
Richard is making.

Viesturs