[OSM-dev] Building a friendly new editor in JavaScript

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sat Jul 14 14:22:02 BST 2012

Graham Jones wrote:
> I'll go and learn dojo now....I had never heard of it, and thought that
> jQuery/jQueryUI was the library of choice for javascript, but the
> charts etc. in dojo do look very useful.

Both jQuery and Dojo have a lot to recommend them, but Dojo, I think, has
the edge for large apps; it gives you a class and package structure that's
almost like using a "proper" language. ;) You can get a similar effect by
piecing together jQuery, Backbone and several other libraries, but Dojo
gives you it all in one. As ever, though, there's more than one way to skin
a cat!

cheers
Richard