[OSM-dev] Building a friendly new editor in JavaScript

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 16:06:10 BST 2012

> Both jQuery and Dojo have a lot to recommend them, but Dojo, I think, has
> the edge for large apps; it gives you a class and package structure that's
> almost like using a "proper" language. ;)

I know what you mean.  In my mind, every programming language is C with
slightly different syntax....but I struggle to map JavaScript onto my
simple mental model.    I've just about sussed closures, and it is starting
to make much more sense now.....Dojo looks fine now I realise what those
require([....],function(){...}); statements are about!

Graham.
--
Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.