[OSM-dev] New tools to help with reverts

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Jul 16 08:34:19 BST 2012

A problem with the revert tools is that they time out /download for large
changesets

I've written a tool that generates a .osc from the minutely diffs, only
requiring one small API call.

https://github.com/pnorman/make_changeset is the tool. Given a changeset ID
it will query the API for the changeset meta-data then search through the
minutely replication diffs to build a .osc for the diff

A few points
- This is essentially untested. I am releasing it now, as I head to bed.
Verify the .osc for sanity
- Changesets older than Apr 1 will need to be run against the old
replication diffs
- If you have a local mirror of the diffs like I do, it runs fast. If you
have to download all the minutely replication diffs it may run slower

It is possible there are issues with multiple changes in the same changeset
of the same object.