[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Improvements to Vespucci

Mon Jul 16 10:10:21 BST 2012

Hi,
I would like to give a short overview of the changes I made in the last
few days. Most of them are related to bugfixes or other
behind-the-scenes work:
 - I have added JavaDoc documentation for the work so far
 - I assume that I have found and implemented a fix for the random
errors/crashes due to a locked cache database
 - I fixed the rendering of the StorageBox on Android devices with
hardware acceleration
 - I added better state retention when the device is rotated (for
example, the currently selected editing mode is properly kept)
 - I think that I fixed saving of edits and loaded data. This means that
these items should not be lost when the application is closed (and then
cleared out of the memory by android). GPS track saving will follow,
however, I first want to make sure that data saving works properly and
modify it to use separate files for downloaded data and edits and only
writes them when the storage is dirty (i.e. changes need to be saved).

An APK will be released as soon as the saving changes are somewhat
tested. At that time, the wiki will also receive an update.

Kind regards,
Jan