[OSM-dev] Server-side data validation

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Jul 16 11:07:35 BST 2012

Yes, it was just an idea. Without buy in for this or something similar,
it won't make progress. It would be easy to implement at the server
side. I had intended to do a prototype, but I ended up with a large
contract to do something else after SOTM 2010 so I wasn't in a position
to. But it won't work as an adjunct - it has to be part of the system
and in particular share the same credentials.

My thought re the wiki page was that that or equivalent would be
generated automatically from the schema, a bit like tag watch is done,
only a more friendly presentation and, because definitions would be
stored (and in multiple languages), more descriptively.

David