[OSM-dev] Useful post-bot visualisation?

ikonor ikonor at gmx.de
Tue Jul 17 22:31:29 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm about to develop - amongst other things - an interactive local
change file viewer. It consists of an Osmosis plugin to "augment" a OSC
file (currently filters references to a separate OSM file) and an
OpenLayers vector map.

This is intended as a desktop tool for monitoring a specific area. So
I'm not sure if it will really be useful for visualizing redaction bot
changes. Anyway, as a preview I uploaded an example of what I have right
now:

http://norbertrenner.de/osm/preview/oscviewer.html

To be used for analyzing bot changes I see these challenges:
- this currently is not a service, but a tool that everyone would need
to execute, which is not trivial because of the data needed
- needs an extract with data before bot start
- how to best extract bot changesets only
- similar to what Frederik mentioned, the result would be static an not
take remapping into account

Limitations are:
- no relation support yet
- no clustering yet

I will work on publishing an early access version soon.

Norbert