[OSM-dev] Useful post-bot visualisation?

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 02:26:43 BST 2012

Does it only work on an OSM file data source or will it work on an apidb or
pgsnapshot source too?

> This is intended as a desktop tool for monitoring a specific area. So
> I'm not sure if it will really be useful for visualizing redaction bot
> changes. Anyway, as a preview I uploaded an example of what I have right
> now:
>
> http://norbertrenner.de/osm/preview/oscviewer.html

Looks good!

> To be used for analyzing bot changes I see these challenges:
> - this currently is not a service, but a tool that everyone would need
> to execute, which is not trivial because of the data needed
> - needs an extract with data before bot start
> - how to best extract bot changesets only

Given a list of changesets I have a newly-announced
(http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2012-July/025307.html) tool
that can generate .osc files for them without having to issue /download
requests for each from the API. I also have a local mirror of replication
diffs so I could generate these without being limited by network speed.

> - similar to what Frederik mentioned, the result would be static an not
> take remapping into account

If it were re-run on a more recent extract would it take remapping into
account?