[OSM-dev] Useful post-bot visualisation?

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Fri Jul 20 23:11:12 BST 2012

on 20.07.2012 22:51, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Comments are welcome.
looks very (!) promising. Thanks for the work! Looking very forward for
the "live/production" version.

One hint: maybe the tools should not remove objects touched by someone
from its display: I checked Helgoland aftzer the redaction bot. And:
e.g. a few streets had been only left as "way with no tags". So I
reconnected them at the crossings to other ways according to aerials.
And I marked them with highway=road as temporary sollution (don't know
the local situation). And I added a fixme=yes tag (together with a
note=xxxx). => maybe the checker should leave the objects with a fixme
tag displayed but in another color. Just as a suggestion (and if it is
not too complex to realize).

In that special case, other persons could argue:
* higway=road is found by other checkers => use them
* fixme=yes is found by other checkers => use them
Both arguments are valid. But the fixme in the end is caused by the bot
=> so it would match to that display...

Best regards,
Michael.