[OSM-dev] Useful post-bot visualisation?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 20 21:51:31 BST 2012

Hi,

On 17.07.2012 09:48, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I'd like to replace it with something that displays where the bot has
> actually edited something.

First "preview" version is here:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/debug.html?view=bot&lon=8.55688&lat=48.88608&zoom=5

It shows stuff edited by the bot and stuff deleted by the bot.

Stuff edited by the bot is shown in its current geometry; stuff deleted
by the bot is shown with its old geometry (what else) and when clicked,
an excerpt of the deleted object's tags is shown. I assume that this
will draw criticism from some (who fear this is an invitation to
infringe a decliner's copyright) but I think it is important to be able
to get a glimpse of exactly *what* has been deleted so that you can
decide whether you want to go there and survey or whether that was an
un-important (or long replaced) detail.

Things that don't work yet:

* The "overview" layer is wrong, it actually shows the old WTFE overview
and not the bot-edited-or-deleted overview, so you have to zoom in to
see details.

* The various buttons on the right don't necessarily make sense (why
call Potlatch for a deleted node etc.)

* Updates aren't yet automated; the plan is to be relatively quick with
dropping stuff from the map as soon as it is edited by someone.

* It would be great to have a way of "clearing" the deleted-object
markers from the map.

Once these things are fixed, or at least a significant portion, I'll
make the view available on the non-debug OSMI, support tile access, and
announce more widely.

Comments are welcome.

Bye
Frederik